Apply Resource Protection Techniques
One of the important aspects of cyber security is resources protection techniques. In this part of this tutorial, we’ll take a look at resources protection techniques to help you understand the different aspects of resources protection.. We will look at some tips for managing media and use asset management for software and hardware in this section. Resource protection is the broad category of controls that protect information assets and information infrastructure. Resources that require protection include
- Communications hardware and software: Routers, switches, firewalls, IPSs, fax machines, VPN servers, and so on, as well as the software that these devices use.
- Computers and their storage systems: All corporate servers and client workstations, SANs, NASs, DASs, cloud based storage, and backup devices
- Business data: All stored information (such as financial data, sales and marketing information, personnel and payroll data, customer and supplier data, and process data)
- System data: Operating systems, utilities, user IDs and password files, audit trails, and configuration files.
- Backup media: Tapes, tape cartridges, removable disks, and off-site replicated disk systems.
- Software: Application source code, programs, tools, libraries, vendor software, and other proprietary software.